Thursday, May 29, 2008

Neighbor Kids

I probably shouldn't be blogging because I am quite irritated at the moment but that is also why I should be blogging!

So, the title is neighbor kids and therefore the story will be about neighbor kids. We have adopted a black kitty who thinks he needs to live at our house which is fine but that attracts neighbor kids. I don't mind if they come over to see black kitty but PLEASE for the love stay off our flowers! As long as they do that i don't care. However, Neighbor boys are another story.... We have a beautiful huge section of greenery by our mailbox that blooms later on and well some neighbor boys decided to tromp all through it this evening and completely ruin it! I am so so so irritated, i went out and tried to "fluff" them back up but it looks like a lion laid down for his afternoon nap and was a worthless effort. I shouldn't be so irritated, I know this and they are just flowers but C'mon! However, they did come to our house and say they thought they were weeds and said sorry, but stay on your own weeds! The ironic thing is there ARE weed right NEXT to the blasted flowers but they are fine, so I'm a little confused. Maybe I am not a good person to be a neighbor with because now i want to put up signs all over my front yard that says KEEP OFF! haha... I am already a crazy old lady I fear. haha..
So, if you have kids that play without supervision please tell them to STAY OFF their neighbors yards and flowers!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah finally someone that shares my frustrations with the neighborhood kids. Living on the corner my yard has become the walking path. Trying to stop them from walking across my lawn on a daily basis is a joke. And have you seen my poor destroyed mailbox!!! Be thankful Blake is not a cop that lives on the corner. You tell me what you want to happen to them and consider it done.:)

Jason and Lis Day said...

I will be putting a sign on my yard when I buy a house. I'm not afraid to be the crazy old lady next door that chases kids with a broom. Why are these kids unsupervised anyway, don't thier parents know there are kidnappers out there?

Mad Scientist said...

I can't say I don't blame them, but it DOESN'T make it right! I did some pretty ridiculous things as a little boy too! Much worse I sure. I can think of one incident where I practically pick all of the neighbor's flower and used them as crayon's on their garage door. Why?!? I don't know. Where was my mom? I don't know. The point is...someday Mason will destroy flower for no apparent reason other than they were there.

The Anderson's said...

Now that it has been a couple days I am much more mellow about the situation and know they are flowers and will grow back and that Mason and Logan are going to probably terrorize our neighbors in a few years and I will have to go over with them and apologize and then go home and make cookies to butter them up again!

Mad Scientist said...

Don't worry about taking cookies to them, but instead give them to blake to bring to work!

Clifton and Melinda said...

I totally understand....we don't have flowers yet, but we do have grass and the neighbors leaving their DOG POO and their kids balls and skateboards and bikes, etc burns up the lawn!! AAAHHH!!! So frustrating!! I am a little crazy when it comes to parents just letting their children run amuck....BE RESPONSIBLE!!!!!!