
Let me forewarn you if you are having a good day you may not want to read this, if you are not an animal lover you will not appreciate this, and if you are a cynic I don't really want to hear what you have to say.
So, Funeral potatoes is kind of a silly heading so let me explain. I wasn't going to blog about this but it is bugging me and literally making my stomach in knots. Lets start with the good stuff first. Today Blake's brother Kyle graduated from the U of U and so they had a graduation party for him at his parents house which was a lot of fun and his grandma-in-law (that sounds silly) had brought funeral potatoes which are so yummy and everyone was kidding around saying "funeral potatoes, who died?" and we all laughed, I know we are amused easily. It kind of reminds me of a book where there is foreshadowing because I heard this joke repeated several times and then Blake and I were the last ones to leave and we had just barely pulled out of the neighborhood and its a little after 9:00 pm so its pitch black out and all of a sudden there was a male duck in the road! I said Blake a duck! and of course, and I don't know WHY i do this, stupid me turns around because there were more cars coming and i was hoping he would go the other way or fly away and wondering why in the heck he is sitting in the road! He looked frightened like he wasn't sure what to do and as I was looking back I saw his mate laying in the road. I don't listen to the nonsense that people say that it's just a duck or a dumb bird because well they are a duck and a bird but obviously they know something about the core things in life of loving one another and protection. It all made sense why he wasn't flying away or getting out of the road as fast as he could because his mate (which I think they choose one mate for life, like we all should) was dead and he couldn't bare to leave her, he would rather guard her and try to protect her even though there were cars coming straight at him. Is this the saddest thing in the world or what?! and don't say what. Sometimes I feel like if we take away all the human luxuries and inventions and were left with just basics then maybe we would also focus a little more on the loving one another a little bit better and being a little more nicer.
Anyway, if you can't tell I am an animal lover and actually sometimes have more compassion for them than adults (usually most of the time) I don't know why but its true. So that is where the funeral potatoes come into play and the foreshadowing, i guess we were all eating them for the duck I just hope it wasn't Roseanne. (Roseanne, is the female of the pair of ducks that comes to Lynn and Patti's every spring).
Friday, May 2, 2008
Funeral Potatoes
Posted by The Anderson's at 11:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Kate, that is sad. Last year at Sundance Erika and I were mnt biking and I ran over a little rodent, like a pot gut or something, and Erika said that when she came upon the dead pot gut that there was a second pot gut pulling the dead pot gut off the trail. We like to think that the pot gut was pulling his friend off the trail so he could have a funeral for him, but then my bro-in-law told us that pot guts eat each other when the die. I say there was going to be a funeral. With funeral potatoes.
Will I am with you 1,000%. Don't believe your brother :)
okay missy....i am blowing my nose from crying so hard. i love this story. you missed your calling, you should have been a writer!
really it touched me. thanks for being such a great friend. i look forward to many more play dates!
Post a Comment