Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A little Colt

This morning we had the fun experience of waking up and there was a new baby horse in the pasture right in front of our house! I really think it was born today or last night because there are always 6 horses in the field and today there are 7! I think i looked out the window every half hour today and watched the sweet little thing for probably 15 minutes at a time. The mom kept herself away from the other horses and the colt would rest, get up run around and the mom would follow, then take a rest for half an hour and do it all over again! The poor mom, she didn't get any rest, When the baby wasn't running around she was guarding her. I can't wait to see her in the morning! It's amazing how similar "moms" are with their babies, they will always protect them. Unless well, they are crazy, but you get the point!
I would upload some pictures but i can't find my cord that goes to the camera to the computer.

1 comments:

Will Radford said...

Hurry and find your cord cause I want to see a picture of him.