
Way back last year Sara and Jake bought Blake and I a camera for Christmas. It was a Casio Exilim which is the same camera Sara and Jake have that I loved just the newer version. Anyway I used the camera for a few months or so and wanted to exchange it for a little bit better one because it seemed that my pictures weren't as crisp as what I wanted. So, I got the receipt from Sara and went to the Walmart that is closest to us and I had everything in great condition, the box, cords, foam, papers and the customer service girl calls up the photo lab guy and he comes up to the desk, asks me why I want to return it and I explained I didn't want my money back but to trade it for a different camera. He's looking over the receipt and tells me that it has been over 30 days and the policy is on electronics they won't do anything over the 30 days. So I was a little irritated because I wasn't trying to scam them I just wanted to upgrade the camera! on their wall it has the big 90-day return and in smaller the 30 day return for electronics . The photo guy changed some settings and said it was good to go. I wasn't super mad because I liked the camera I just didn't LOVE it. So we go on with our lives and use it, and just recently when we went to Bear Lake it decided to shoot the shiz and wouldn't focus anymore. Now we're really out of luck because I threw away the receipt Sara had given me (and Mom I know you are shaking your head saying "Katie, why do you always throw everything away??") and I found in the paper work that it had a 1 year factory warranty IF you have the receipt. Crap, I don't have the receipt anymore. I tell Sara and she called Walmart to see if they can scan your CC like Target does and bring up your purchases, they can't do that. Meanwhile, Blake and I are looking at other camera's because we NEED a camera and bought one from Costco. Sara got a feeling where to find the receipt, it was in her computer room in a old card! Weird huh?! The reason she had the receipt was because she bought 2 of these cameras for us and her friend last year for Christmas and she still had that one. Yippee!! So today we went to the Walmart she bought it at, mind you it is now 9 months after the purchase and they take it back no questions asked and refund Sara her money. We were just going to exchange it but they don't carry that camera anymore. HELLO WALMART lets be consistent and less of tards at the other Walmart! I guess 9 months is fine to get your money back but 31 days is way to long. TARDS! I am happy.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Consistency
Posted by The Anderson's at 3:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
lol!! That is absolutely ridiculous!!! I hate returning things to Walmart...I just returned like a billion things yesterday and it took my whole life!!! So...what camera did you get??
Post a Comment