
Last week Blake, Carson and I ventured off to good 'ol Upstate NY! Mason and Logan had a fantastic week at Grandma and Grandpa's and were spoiled rotten and got to do as much in one week with them (and their cousins) as they get to do in a year with us (we are so boring i guess!) Thank you so very much G & G Anderson and Netti I know it was a lot of work and entertaining and Blake and I really, really appreciate it.
So, back to the NY part now. The plane ride is so loooong! I am debating if it is better to do two shorter flights or one real short flight and one long flight. OR if we should just camp out at the layover spot and venture it the next morning? I am still debating on that idea. For this trip we obviously chose the very short flight (to Vegas) and then the long one to Albany, NY.
Carson was such a great babe. He was carted all over (even to Niagara Falls), held by multiple people (including the ladies at my grandpa's facility. Who, once they got a hold of Carson either shooed me away with a flick of their wrist and/or just blatently said alright "go away" or "I have my baby, everyone else can leave." It was great to see Grandpa and for him to get to meet Carson. Grandpa loved Carson's little feet and kept telling us they were just like "ping pong paddles" :) I wish we could have visited more (3 out of the 5 days). It was such a good feeling to be able to brighten up so many people's days by just bringing this tiny little baby with us - very good therapy I suppose.






Ok, what else?? Blake and I tubed down the West Canada Creek or Crick as "us" locals call it. It is tons of fun, my dad and Claudia joined us for that. We tried to find good skipping rocks and Blake kept trying to give my dad and I floppers! We had to teach him what a real skipping rock looked like ;)
Like my dad once said "Washing your hair in the crick will make it soft" it did.

We had a great time staying at my mom's. Blake was able to help her out some which made him feel good and kept him busy. Carson was able to get to know his "Nana" and even cried when she walked away from him and smiled when she came right back! He knows how to get her!

I went to a small 10-yr high school reunion Friday night and Saturday afternoon. It was nice to see some old friends and meet their spouses and see some of their kiddos.

Niagara Falls was a blast! We were able to do The Cave of the Winds where you walk up a path of stairs and you are pretty much at the very base of one of the falls and work your way up a little higher to the "Hurricane" deck (Carson, Claudia and I stayed on the one below that but Blake and my dad had a blast). Plus you got a thin little yellow poncho that doesn't really keep you dry and some slammin' sandals! I do have to say and I think everyone agreed, they actually were comfy. We left ours in NY so they can be our crick shoes when we go back. Then we went on the Maid of the Mist boat ride, it was really amazing to be so close to the falls and see how strong the currents are and the wind from the water hitting the bottom. It was a long drive, but worth it. Carson was awake pretty much the whole time EXCEPT the Cave of the Winds and the Maid of the Mist boat ride, go figure! :) He will have plenty of memories I am sure.






This is the Cave of the Winds. Should I mention that a couple of girls asked my dad to take their picture on the "Hurricane deck" and he held the camera backwards so they will get a nice shot of him! hahaha.. We laughed about that all day! He must be from Poland, NY ;)
All in all it was a great trip, too short, and next time we are definitely forking it up and brining the other boys. They would love playing in the Crick, digging for Herkimer diamonds, going to the beach, and running their Nana and Grandpa Garry ragged.


Wednesday, August 19, 2009
New York
Posted by The Anderson's at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Kate,
First things first... I love your hair! It looks really pretty. Your trip to NY sounded and looked so fun. I am really glad you got to do that. Don't give me any credit for watching your boys, we had fun with them but the care-taking was all Grandma. Hope to see you soon!
Thanks for sharing. It was great to see you in your "back home" settings. We love you all and think your boys are adorable! I can't wait to see everyone over Labor Day weekend.
Looks like such a good trip! I love the pics of Carson with Grandpa, so cute. And you look as gorgeous as ever!!
Sounds awesome!! I already commented on your facebook...love your new background!! :)
I sent you an email but don't know if I have the right email address. Just wanted to remind you about the party at my house on Friday. Hope you can come!
Post a Comment