
Mace having a hard time.... But still manages to pull out a smile
Logan trying really hard to stand still and smile at the same time
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Mace was really excited for yesterday it actually surprised me a little bit! He was up and looking out all of our bedroom windows bright and early trying to find those leprechauns! Then I was asked multiple times throughout the day why we couldn't see any?! Good question...... I attempted to make corned beef and cabbage with some lime jell-o, french bread, and mint brownies. Logan and I went shopping after we dropped Mace off at school and started simmering the ol' corned beef around 2 with the expectations it would be done by 5 pm considering you cook it 50 min per pound and it was about 3 lbs. We have the cub scouts at our house every Tue. from 630-730 so it was crucial it be done by 5 pm. Not the case, 5:00 came and went and the beef still felt really firm so I just simmered the b-jeebers out of it and we ate at 7:30! It was delicious just a little ( a lot) behind schedule. First we aren't used to eating so late and then we just had to clean up and go to bed. It was still a fun day. We did find a couple leprechauns.... actually a whole family!
A Mason leprechaun
A Logan leprechaun
Even a Carson leprechaun
A dad leprechaun
A mom leprechaun
Even a Sadie & Millie leprechaun(s)

Nothing too fancy but it was almost bed time....
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Happy to be Irish!
Posted by The Anderson's at 1:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Love the Carson leprechaun! What a fun St Patrick's Day. We also had corned beef (minus the cabbage) I cooked mine for 8 hours in the crockpot and it turned out TOO tender. Fell apart and we had to eat it on sandwiches, but it tasted good.
This was a fabulous post!!! I loved the pix
you are way more fun than i am!! we just had green milk...i had high hopes but i also scheduled a scentsy open house so..it didnt work :(
That a girl Kate! I loved it!!! Great Leprechaun Family :)
You are way too creative! We ended up with turkey rueben sandwiches & cheetos and lime jello....not sure there is quite anything Irish about that..but it was pretty good
katie- i love ur new blog
u r doing a great job
Post a Comment