Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fishy Fishy in the Brook.... and Peas??

As many know we have had Fishy for about 2 1/2 years I am guessing and a few weeks ago Fishy was half way belly up and couldn't get himself to swim to the bottom or barely swim at all, so I was just waiting to wake up one morning and he would be a goner. Day after day he wasn't getting any better and we debated on flushing him but I couldn't bring myself to do it because he wasn't dead! Low and behold I just could not give up on poor Fishy so I started searching the internet and came up with that his swim bladder had gone bad which can be caused by constipation (from their food) and to feed him peas. So I tell Blake and he thinks I am crazy but that's fine because what can it hurt? So I threw out his pellet food and started giving him baby spoonfuls of peas and wallah Fishy is cured! His water is mucky but he is a swimmin' fool once again. I am proud and happy I didn't flush him, so HA! to everyone who thinks i'm crazy....


7 comments:

Clifton and Melinda said...

WOW!!! Totally impressed but I totally think you are crazy!! Love you babe!! :)

The Anderson's said...

hahaha... I am crazy...

Jake and Sara said...

I love this story. That is the difference between you and me...I would have flushed him. ...well, I would have made Jake flush him. lol

Unknown said...

that is cool! I bet the fish thanks you. (nobody likes to be constipated)

Anonymous said...

Constipated huh? Poor fishy. Does this remedy work for children?

Sariah English said...

What a hoot! That is great to know. We have a beta. But our beta got attacked and got a "hair cut" as the kids call it. Some fish ate his fins! Needless to say, he gets his own little tank on Jake's desk at work! I am going to tell Jake about the peas!

bex_newman said...

FUNNY!!!
& just because something worked


does not prove u r sane!