
Blake with his three boys.... What a lucky dad!
Mason, Kanyon, and Logan - I think its such a fun little photo
Ok, not really NYC but close distance wise and about as far apart in scenery as you can get... I can't really see Wal-Street homies and the Amish hangin' out.
So from May 16-23 we were chillaxin' in Central NY. Blake was able to be there for the whole stay except for the last 4 days and somehow I suckered him into taking Carkoozie back with him. The nice thing for the flight back was that the boys and I took up a whole row so I didn't have to worry about sharing.
If you don't know, we were out there for the burial of my Grandpa. He passed away in the winter and the ground gets so frozen that you can't bury anyone until the spring! Crazy huh?
It was truly a beautiful day and so happy we could be there. The little video is of the Honor Guard folding the flag. Not exactly step by step but fairly close. I started feeling a little weird after clicking my camera several times at this touching moment.
The overall trip was nice to be out there in the "homeland" again, although every time I go back it seems like I become more and more of a visitor. Don't get me wrong certain things bring me straight back to my roots and makes me miss the place but other things just feel so different. For example, I took the boys for a nature hike behind my mom's house (which we would play back there all the time as a kid). A lot of it looked the same but the gigantic hill that we would hike up and go sledding down looked different, it was so overgrown on the sides of the trail and then at the bottom of the hill there was a spot where if you didn't stop you would go over a little embankment and go down that little steep spot and end up in a little crick (or creek depending on where you're from) and that spot was completely covered in bushes and you would never know that there was even water down there. Made me kinda sad and realize that things do change over time. Although, while we were walking back there I remembered that same smell of all the grasses from when I was little, and it just brought back a lot of memories. I guess I just feel OLD and it's intimidating at how fast time really does go by and I don't want to forget any little thing.
the hill and the gigantic pricker bushes! I remember we would slide over them in the winter but i swear they weren't this outta control! maybe they were and i just remember them being barren in the middle of winter ;)
We stayed at my Grandpa McVoy's house which was a weird at first but then kind of comforting as well. Every night after the boys were sleeping (sometimes very late ) Blake and I would look at a different photo album. It was so much fun! I really feel like I was able to get to know my grandparents a little better and what their life was like. It made me realize that after my Grandmother passed away (Several years ago) that time stood still for their home. Everything was left and decorated just as it was from when she lived there, with the additions of what my grandpa and dad had brought in. (Mostly car models and televisions) haha! No joke, there were 3 televisions in their living room!
A few days after we arrived back home I had a dream that I was still in NY and going in my grandpa's house because that is where we were staying and i remember talking to someone (probably Blake or someone like that) and I opened the front door and there was my grandma and grandpa getting their jackets on and getting ready to leave to go out and I remember just trying to process that I was seeing them because well that's not possible! and I remember my grandpa said "Hi Kate" and he was smiling and my grandma was smiling. I turned around and left the house a little shook up. I know it was a dream but I do feel like they are together and happy once again and that just helps confirm it to me. You can call it what you like I want to believe that it was meant to help me.
Anyway, it was nice to go back and feel those childhood memories again. And now it is nice to be back to this home and make new memories.
All About Logan
All About Mason
Christensen Cousins!
One of the many car shows in NY, sad Blake missed this! Although, we did get our picture taken in front of a 54' Chevy truck
My Grandma and Grandpa Moffatt. They are wonderful! My grandma is great and can make me laugh and always smile.
I love this photo of them with Mace
Like the pose? snatched that from looking at the photo albums of my Grammy and Gr. Aunt Claudia (her sister).





2 comments:
That's awesome that you guys could take another trip out there, looks like you had fun!
Glad you had a good trip. We can't wait to see you again!
Post a Comment