Carson Edward Anderson
Born - April 14, 2009
Time: 4:10 p.m.
Weight: 5 lbs 11 oz
Height: 19 inches
Born - April 14, 2009
Time: 4:10 p.m.
Weight: 5 lbs 11 oz
Height: 19 inches

I have never seen a smile like that from Blake....pure bliss....

Tuesday was the big day! The day started bright and early with calling the hospital at 6:30 am and were informed to be there at 7:30 so Blake and I finished getting ready and headed over. It took a while to get registered since I did'nt do it earlier and the gal was in training. Around 8:30 everything was hooked up and the waiting game started. Around 10:40 I was contracting close enough that I could have my water broken but the kicker was that my Dr. couldn't come to do it because he was scheduled doing "procedures" all morning and couldn't be to the hospital until 12! I was bummed a little because once my water breaks you know the show is really going to start! 1:30 comes around and still no Dr. I was starting to get aggravated because I was really expecting to have Carson here by then! Finally another Dr. came and broke my water for me and about a half hour later I had the epidural. Getting the epidural was a good experience the dr. was fantastic (Dr. Rock), perfect amount of numbness and he was quick about it. About a half hour later the nurse checked me and I was still only a 4! I was starting to think I would never get to a 10!The nurse said she would check me again in an hour (4:00) A little before 4 (3:40 pm) my Dr. comes rolling in to break my water he didn't get the text message that I was already taken care of for that part. I was a little bugged by him that he could finally come see me at 3:40 in the afternoon! Low and behold he had a good reason and I forgive him.... A PA in his office passed away unexpectedly so he was picking up his patients. So, back to my story.... He came in to break my water and soon finding out that had already been done he checked me and then said "we're going to have a baby now" and joked that I better not sneeze because he might just come out. The room came together pretty fast and by the time everything was finally brought in i started to push and there was Carson after a few pushes! He was facing upwards but it wasn't a big concern the Dr. just turned him and I am lucky I was completely numb and didn't have to feel that part of it either. I have to say this has been the easiest delivery and best epidural, I am completely impressed with Ogden Regional and had a fantastic stay, although a short one it was pleasant.
This was the worst part and it wasn't all that bad.... The first IV didn't work, it was in the top of my hand. So, I had the one sticking out of my hand while she threaded this one in, I felt like I was getting acupuncture with gi-normous needles. Loved my nurse though.
Checking to see if it's noon yet??? oh, way past.
Wondering why it's 3:00 and no baby?! and why I was only dilated to a 4 plus!
Here he is 4:09 P.M. (Although it's recorded as 4:10 P.M.)
Concentrate.....
Mr. Puny :) now he is weighing 5 lbs 6 oz from his Dr.'s visit this afternoon.
Ready for #4?'
3 generations...
A happy Grandma
A happy Nana!
A happy Aunt Sara! wondering if Kanyon was really ever this small?!
unexplainable...
It's going to be a house full of BOYS!
Leave it to Sara....
Yes, from Sara - always thinking and being creative and thoughtful... This was the BEST! Beautiful, delicious, healthy...
Love from his mama
Last but not least, our family...




5 comments:
We are so excited for you. Carson is absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to meet him (how about Saturday?)
Congrats guys! I'm glad everything went so smoothly! Yay for little bitty Carson!
I am totally getting emotional- brings back some very recent memories! Congrats- we are so excited for you all!
Congrats Katie! What a perfectly tiny baby boy you have! Let us know when we can visit!
I think I already left you like 10 comments on these pictures on Facebook, but it was fun to read the story of it all. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you.
Post a Comment