Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Mace!


We celebrated Mason's 4th birthday on Friday and Saturday, what a lucky boy! Friday Blake worked a half day and then we went to Chuck-E-Cheese that just opened up close to our house, Mason's friend Raegan and her mom Jamie went with us and they had a blast! They were able to play games and we ordered pizza and soda, it was a blast. Of course I forgot my camera, Boo! After the kids played all of their tokens Mace requested that we go to "the doughnut shop" to get some doughnuts - meaning going to Krispy Kremes, so off we went. It was really close to Chuck-E-Cheese so no big deal, of course we all have to go inside and therefore we all got to eat a doughnut there. Nothing like pizza and doughnuts for a kids birthday is there? I guess it's pretty point blank we are definitely Americans! Oh how I am dreading my next dr.'s appt.!

Saturday was another big day for our family. It started off early with decorating Mason's Spiderman cake! I whipped up some buttercream frosting and colored the heck out of it with blue and red Wilton's coloring. This was an all out team work project, and a lot of fun! I frosted the blue and then Sara came and she frosted the red, outlined Spidy, and filled the eyes, and then the artist (Blake) came into action and he did all the black. It really turned out great I think! It even tasted pretty good which I was a little curious about since the frosting was homeade and a first time attempt and the colors were definitely bright.

The cake..
The Birthday boy with his cake!

I can't believe he's 4!

Ready, Set, Blow!

Mace couldn't WAIT to open his presents from us so this is bright and early in the morning...
He loves animals and the earth and stickers so this was a good find!

About a half hour later Mace couldn't possibly wait another second to open another gift so here is the gifts from Great Aunt Susan. Thanks Aunt Sue!

When Sara came over she brought the boys each a birthday breakfast doughnut! They were in heaven...

We even sang Happy Birthday and let him blow out a candle....


Finally 3:00 rolled around which I think Mace thought would NEVER come and he was having the time of his life! We had quite the house full and thanks to everyone who came! Now I will quit typing and put up some pictures!

Another Space book! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! He sure LOVES space!
This must have been some present!

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

The cake looks awesome. You did a great job. I can't believe Mason is 4. When did we all get old enough to have kids?

Sariah English said...

YOu did great on the cake! All three of you! The colors are great too. I have no clue as to when we got old enough to have kids, I am still waiting for the day when I wake up and feel like a grown up!

Cami said...

I can't believe he's four either! He's so dang cute, cute cake too!

Mechelle said...

That is great- Happy B-day Mason- the cake was awesome- and Chuck-e-cheeses and doughnuts- sounds great!