Mason will be going to kindergarten?!
I remember thinking that it would be FOREVER until Mace actually would ever start "real" school, the day has arrived.....
Last winter I put his name into the lottery for a charter school a few more minutes away then the "regular" elementary would be, we were informed that we did not get chosen in the lottery for the 2010-2011 school year. At least I knew that I had at least given it a shot. From what I hear (others could hear differently) charter schools are just pretty much better all around, but are hard to get accepted into because of getting your name chosen through a lottery. Anyway, we didn't get chosen and so onto West Point Elementary we go! Everyone has probably heard me rant and rave about the bus stop being in front of our house, our house is in the crosswalk pretty much for the kids to get onto the bus, yet my kids can't ride it. So I had been trying to get Mace on the school and it is a hassle and they still did not have a positive yes that he would even be able to ride the bus - seriously ridiculous. We were told that "the line has to be drawn somewhere" which we understand by why not behind our house instead of in front? Seriously, do you think the cows would be offended that they couldn't ride the bus???? and every year we would have to go through the same hoops to get on the bus. Then low and behold we got an email saying Mason was chosen to go to the charter school (guessing someone dropped out last minute). So good riddence West Point Elementary and your stupid bussing boundries, I would probably end up driving my kid to school anyway so I will drive a few more minutes and get him to a better school.
Mace will now be going here:
and is now a Dragon! Wish us luck, and hope all goes well!




1 comments:
Wow! I can't believe he's staring kindergarten!
I totally agree with you on the bus boundary; Yea for charter school! =)
Post a Comment